If you have come here from your mobile, you can return to our mobile site here
The Latest Force Promotion Process is Announced
It has now been announced that the force will be holding promotion processes to the ranks of Sergeant and Inspector. These processes will run in the New Year and will follow the same procedures as recent promotion processes. The force CONNECT advert which refers to these processes is shown at the bottom of this email.
The Latest Police Grant Settlement is a Joke
Responding to the announcement today of the Police Grant Settlement 2015/16, Steve White, Chairman of the Police Federation of England and Wales, said:
“Having already endured budget cuts in excess of 20 per cent and the subsequent loss of over 16,000 police officers, today’s announcement is yet another blow. A further cut of almost 5 per cent in the next financial year will mean the public just won’t be getting the same level of service. Less money means more cuts to frontline services and more pressure on officers, set against growing demands for service.
“We are expected to police historic crimes dating back decades; deal with current crime and disorder, including the threat of international terrorism; and tackle the changing face of crime, including the immense resources that cyber-crime involves."
A Consensus on Policing in Wales
Foreword by Steve White, Chairman, PFEW:
"From Accrington to Aberystwyth, Brighton to Bangor, or Coventry to Cardiff, policing in England and Wales has a distinct and unique identity. A unique identity of policing by consent where the police are the public and the public are the police; this is the very foundation that makes the British police service the envy of other forces throughout the world."
PROSECUTIONS IN POLICE RESPONSE & PURSUIT CASES
NATIONAL FILE PRESENTATION CHECKLIST PRIOR TO CPS SUBMISSION
This document is intended to provide guidance and a checklist of actions for all Chief Constables and Commissioners to take account of when deciding on cases under investigation for offences of dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention whilst undertaking policing duties.
The need to provide such a checklist is in response to concerns raised from the judiciary and operational personnel, for the lack of consistency in which a number of these type of incidents are dealt with using the legal system. There is a common thread of evidence being presented in case files, which has not been properly considered, gathered or presented in a structured way, which gives CPS lawyers the best, and most accurate information on which to base their decisions.
The necessity to produce a checklist and validity of purpose has been discussed with the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and the policy head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) who have welcomed the helpful support available through this process.
Changes to the Philip Williams Bupa Scheme
The annual pricing review for the PW Bupa Healthcare Scheme has now been completed. The good news is that significant growth in scheme numbers during the past 12 months has enabled us to negotiate a good deal with Bupa, which has kept monthly subscription increases to an absolute minimum and below the level of medical inflation, whilst still providing the most comprehensive and affordable healthcare product in the Police market.
The new premiums are listed on the attached Rating Table and will apply with effect from 1st December 2014, dependent upon age band on this date.
You may not be aware of all the benefits this scheme provides for your members and their families. Here are a few key points:-
- Up to 12 months FREE membership for Student Officers in their 1st Year of service and significantly discounted rates available in Year 2
- First 2 months subscription FREE for any new member joining the scheme
- No waiting lists for musculoskeletal injuries meaning that you can return to work and continue with your training sooner.
- No limit on the number of claims you can make – the number or cost of claims you make will not affect your premium as an individual
- Access to a nationwide network of over 180 Bupa accredited hospitals means that you can choose the one most convenient for you and also at a time of day to suit your lifestyle.
- Full cancer and cardiology cover with no cap on approved treatments, therapies and drugs which may not be available on the NHS.
- Access to Bupa’s Health Line, a 24 hour, 365 days a year health line, staffed by fully qualified Nurses offering guidance and advice on any medical issue totally free of charge.
As NHS funding is under pressure, and there are increasing demands on the service, continued membership of this scheme ensures prompt access to diagnosis and treatment as this could impact future job security and lifestyle.
Matrimonial Surgeries with Howells Solicitors
New dates have now been secured for our free surgeries with Howells Solicitors. If you have any matrimonial issues that you'd like to discuss in a confidential setting, contact the office to make an appointment.
- 5th December
- 9th January, 2015
Guarantee yourself a better future with Police Mutual
Police Mutual already has over 84,000 savers on their way to securing a better future with a Regular Savings plan – and they don’t want you to miss out.
By putting a little away each month, you’ll guarantee yourself a cash lump sum in the future.
The Regular Savings plan from Police Mutual:
- Save directly from a Police salary/pension or by Direct Debit
- Receive a guaranteed lump sum at the end of the plan term
- There’s no minimum premium - you can save an amount that suits your budget
- Some of the lowest charges in the industry - meaning more money for you
- Start a new plan automatically every year and, once the first plan matures, you’ll receive yearly payments
Police Mutual Assurance Society Limited is an incorporated friendly society authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (FCA register number 110050). Registered office: Alexandra House, Queen Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6QS.