Address: Llanteglos Estate, Nr Amroth, Pembrokeshire, SA67 8PU
INFORMATION, RULES & REGULATIONS
- Llanteglos Estate is a small holiday park situated in tree-lined grounds. The spacious lawns and tennis court, together with the children’s play area, are for the enjoyment of all the guests who wish to relax, whilst the beach and coastal path are approximately two miles distant at AMROTH. TENBY, which is 9 miles away and SAUNDERSFOOT (about 4 miles away) have many tourist attractions. PEMBROKE with its’ castle is 18 miles from the site.
- Your chalet sleeps a maximum of 6 people (4 adults plus 2 children)
- The accommodation is compact. Space, both living and wardrobe is limited. There is a sitting/dining room/kitchen and a bathroom with shower, w.c. and handbasin. A double bed is situated on an upper gallery and might be considered unsuitable for young children. Please be aware the staircase in the chalet is quite narrow and steep and care should be taken. There is a separate bedroom with bunk beds and a double bed settee is available in the lounge.
- BEDDING is provided together with mattress and pillow protectors by the South Wales Police Federation, which are laundered after every rental period.
- An iron and ironing board are provided but there is no washing machine within chalet but laundering facilities are available on site at supplemental cost to the owners of the site.
- A limited amount of cleaning materials are
- provided. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BATH TOWELS, TEA TOWELS, TOILETRIES and TOILET ROLLS.
- Heating and cooking is by electricity. Colour TV, DVD player and music compact system player are provided. Please bring along your own DVD’s and CD’s. Despite spending £600 on TV aerials, the TV reception is unreliable.
- Parking is available for one car only.
- Outside pathways are not lit and you may wish to bring a torch.
- An assortment of shops can be found in KILGETTY some three miles distance. Travel Advice
- From CARMARTHEN take the A40 to St CLEARS, then turn onto the A477 and continue for about 8 miles to LLANTEG. Turn left immediately after the MURCO garage and continue for half a mile. You will see LLANTEGLOS ESTATE on the left.
Conditions of Booking
- The South Wales Police Federation owns two chalets at Llanteglos Estate. One is primarily for convalescent purposes whilst the other is permanently available for rent subject to availability.
- The Site is open for 10 months of the year.
- For rental purposes all Serving officers, pensioners, widow(er) and employees of the South Wales Police Federation are eligible to attend. Bookings for both convalescence and rental of Chalet(s) are via the Trustees of the South Wales Police Federation.
- For convalescence stay(s) at the chalet only federated rank officers who are subscribing members to the South Wales Police Federation.
- Rental period of the chalet(s) is 1 WEEK ON EVERY OCCASION. This is in the interest of fairness to all. Officers will not be able to book same weeks i.e. school holidays year after year.
- FAILURE to vacate by 10.00am will incur a charge of £20, £10 of which will be paid to our cleaner as she is paid hourly and only has 2 hours to clean and prepare the chalet for the next occupier. £10 will be paid to the next occupier for their inconvenience.
- Once a booking has been confirmed the following cancellation policy applies;
- Cancellation within 8 weeks on written application to the Trustees deposit will be returned in full.
- Cancellation between 4 – 8 weeks on written application to the Trustees 50% of deposit will be returned.
- Less than 4 weeks notice NO monies will be refunded.
- If chalet is booked with less than 4 weeks notice immediate payment of full amount for the rental must be made. If any cancellation occurs there will be NO refund of any monies paid.
- Convalescence can be booked only ONE month in advance. There is no charge for this service but ONLY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MAY ACCOMPANY THE CONVALESCENT.
- Strictly NO SMOKING in chalet.
- No same sex single groups/parties will be allowed except same sex partners.
- The maximum number of persons allowed in each chalet is 4 adults and 2 children. This may not be exceeded under any circumstances. No additional persons may be added to the hirer’s party without the Trustees to the Welfare Chalets prior consent. The Trustees to the Welfare Chalets reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of breach of this condition.
- Keys to the chalet will be collected from the South Wales Police Federation Office, 155 Neath Road, Briton Ferry, Neath, SA11 2BX on the day of your stay. Keys are to be returned to the South Wales Police Federation Office the same day of departure. Failure to do so a charge will be levied.
- CAR PARKING is entirely at the owner’s risk. A space for one car per chalet is provided in the main car park. Additional cars may be parked on the overflow car park.
- Damage and breakages must be reported to the Trustees of the Welfare Chalets, a charge may be made.
- PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- Disposable nappies and sanitary towels etc MUST NOT be placed in toilets, only soluble tissue to be used.
- Hirers may not fix drying lines within the grounds. An area with drying lines is provided in the field adjoining the grounds.
- Hirers MUST provide their own TOWELS.
- A deposit of 50% of the rental will be required within 14 days of the booking being made. The balance to be paid 4 weeks before the holiday commences. NO REMINDER WILL BE SENT.
- Occupancy is from 3.00pm on the day of arrival. The chalet MUST be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (to allow time for cleaning).
- REMOVAL OF RUBBISH from the chalet to the site refuse container is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER AND NOT THE CLEANER. If you fail to comply with this a charge of £5 will also be deducted from your breakages deposit of £50.
- PLEASE ensure that the de-humidifiers are emptied before you leave the chalets on day of departure.
- On leaving the chalet please ensure that the heater located in the downstairs bedroom is left on the lowest setting and both bathroom and bedroom doors situated on ground floor are left opened.
- All forms must be returned to the Trustees within 14 days of the provisional booking, failure to do so could lead to the loss of the holiday/convalescence for the dates required.
I apologise for reinforcing these Regulations so strongly but unfortunately previous occupants have flagrantly abused the protocols and I have to ensure that this does not occur again without good reason.