South Wales Police Federation Chalets
CHALETS AVAILABLE TO GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME MEMBERS ONLY
In 2006, South Wales Police Federation purchased two chalets at Llanteglos Chalet Park, Amroth, West Wales.
The Branch Board had decided, following extensive discussions, that they wanted to use of the members’ subscription funds for the benefit of our members rather than those funds resting in a very low interest bank account. The policy is intended to work on behalf of our members without placing obstacles in their way and, accordingly, a common-sense approach needs to be adopted.
The purpose of the chalets was to enable South Wales Police Officers take a non-medically supervised recuperation or convalescent period in order to facilitate their swift return to the workplace, if absent on the grounds of sickness.
This differs from the rehabilitation centre at Flint House which is a medically supervised facility.
Attendance on the basis of convalescent will be free of charge.
The purchase of the chalets, and the ideology supporting their use, was fully accepted by the Chief Constable and press releases explaining their purchase, together with the potential benefits for the communities we serve, were circulated through the usual media channels.
A report had previously been submitted to the Chief Constable asking for protected time for attendance in line with Flint House but, due to the fact there are no medical facilities or services involved, this was rejected. Therefore, officers will have to attend these chalets in their own time.
During the discussion on these purchases, it was recognised that where vacancies existed, we should rent the chalets out to our members who were not suffering from any illness or injury and, in order for them to equally benefit from the chalet purchase, the rent was set at around half of the commercial rental price for similar chalets in the park. This offered the dual gain of providing a benefit to our members as well as assisting to cover the running costs of the chalets over the rolling 12month period.
The administration burden associated with attendance at the chalets would be carried out by Kay Bennett at the Federation Office who is generally the first point of contact regarding attendance.
The recuperation and /or convalescence chalet will be available free of charge for periods of upto one week at a time, subject to circumstances. In order to apply for a stay at this chalet or for more information(Including Cost) contact Kay at the Federation Office on 01656 869900 or email
Address: Llanteglos Estate, Nr Amroth, Pembrokeshire, SA67 8PU
INFORMATION, RULES & REGULATIONS
- Llanteglos Estate is a small holiday park situated in tree-lined grounds. The spacious lawns and tennis court, together with the children’s play area, are for the enjoyment of all the guests who wish to relax, whilst the beach and coastal path are approximately two miles distant at AMROTH. TENBY, which is 9 miles away and SAUNDERSFOOT (about 4 miles away) have many tourist attractions. PEMBROKE with its’ castle is 18 miles from the site.
- Your chalet sleeps a maximum of 6 people (4 adults plus 2 children)
- The accommodation is compact. Space, both living and wardrobe is limited. There is a sitting/dining room/kitchen and a bathroom with shower, w.c. and handbasin. A double bed is situated on an upper gallery and might be considered unsuitable for young children. Please be aware the staircase in the chalet is quite narrow and steep and care should be taken. There is a separate bedroom with bunk beds and a double bed settee is available in the lounge.
- BEDDING is provided together with mattress and pillow protectors by the South Wales Police Federation, which are laundered after every rental period.
- An iron and ironing board are provided but there is no washing machine within chalet but laundering facilities are available on site at supplemental cost to the owners of the site.
- A limited amount of cleaning materials are
- provided. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BATH TOWELS, TEA TOWELS, TOILETRIES and TOILET ROLLS.
- Heating and cooking is by electricity. Colour TV, DVD player and music compact system player are provided. Please bring along your own DVD’s and CD’s. Despite spending £600 on TV aerials, the TV reception is unreliable.
- Parking is available for one car only.
- Outside pathways are not lit and you may wish to bring a torch.
- An assortment of shops can be found in KILGETTY some three miles distance. Travel Advice
- From CARMARTHEN take the A40 to St CLEARS, then turn onto the A477 and continue for about 8 miles to LLANTEG. Turn left immediately after the MURCO garage and continue for half a mile. You will see LLANTEGLOS ESTATE on the left.
- Only subscribing members of South Wales Police Federation Group Insurance Scheme are eligible to attend the chalets on a rental or convalescent basis. Where vacancies exist for the rental of a chalet and such vacancies fall within 1 week of an enquiry by a member of South Wales Police Staff, consideration will be given to allowing them to rent the property rather than leaving it unoccupied.
- Vacancies for the rental will also be advertised via our website www.swpf.org
Attendance of the grounds of recuperation or convalescence:
The chalets in Llanteglos have no medically trained staff or facilities and not intended to provide recuperation or convalescence for anyone who required such facilities. The chalets are for those who require a respite or period of recuperation or convalescence where no medical intervention is required.
GIS members can attend free of charge on a recuperative/convalescent basis but in order to qualify for attendance on these grounds, officers would need to submit an application to one of their BCU Federation Representatives to endorse it stating that such a recuperative/convalescent break would be of benefit to the applicant and that no medical supervision/treatment would be required.
Unfortunately, the chalets cannot be utilised by Officers or Staff who are currently subject to an active and ongoing gross misconduct/misconduct investigation(s).
Where an officer meets the required criteria, they would then be able to attend the chalets for up to 1 week per year free of charge.
When an officer is refused attendance bases on these criteria and wishes to challenge that decision, the Principal Officers of the Branch Council will discuss the facts and make a final decision. This final decision is not open to appeal.
Retired Officers and Police Staff are NOT entitled to attend the chalets on the basis of recuperation/convalescence.
The weekly recuperative/convalescent periods are limited as follows:
- Friday to Friday
- Friday to Monday
- Monday to Friday.
Attendance on the grounds of paid rental:
The rental of chalets is subject to availability as attendance on the basis of recuperation/convalescence will take priority.
Where vacancies exist, the properties will be made for rental. There is no time restriction on the reservation of rental periods prior to the booking date and, once confirmed, the rental of the chalet will be final. Requests for recuperation/convalescent for that period will then be disallowed.
The weekly rental periods are limited as follows:
- Friday to Friday
- Friday to Monday
- Monday to Friday.
South Wales Police Officers and South Wales Police Retired Officers who are Group Insurance Scheme members are allowed to rent the chalets.
In order to maximise the rental potential of the chalets, where, within 1 week of the booking date a vacancy still exists, South Wales Police Staff will be allowed to rent a chalet under the same terms and conditions as Police Officers.
Terms and Conditions of Attendance:
Llanteglos Estate is a small quiet holiday park situated in tree-lined grounds has spacious lawns, together with a tennis court. The beach and coastal path are approximately two miles distant at AMROTH, TENBY which is 9 miles away and SAUNDERSFOOT (about 4 miles away) have many tourist attractions. PEMBROKE with its’ castle is 18 miles from the site.
Chalets 19 & 22 sleeps a maximum of 6 people - 1 double bed situated on the upper gallery, a set of bunk beds and 1 small double bed to the ground floor. Chalet 22 is DDA compliant.
The accommodation is compact. Space, both living and wardrobe is limited. There is a sitting/dining room/kitchen and a bathroom with shower, w.c. and handbasin. A double bed is situated on an upper gallery and might be considered unsuitable for young children. Please be aware the staircase in the chalet is quite narrow and steep and care should be taken. There is a separate bedroom with bunk beds and please be aware of height restrictions for use at the top bunk bed and be cautious when using the ladder to and from the top bunk bed – care should be taken. There is also a separate bedroom with a small double bed.
There is a heating/air conditioning unit above the main door of the chalet.
DO NOT SWITCH OFF. The controls for the unit are placed by the main door.
Access to the Chalet is by key. There will be a key box situated outside the door of the chalet and a key code will be issued before your stay in order to obtain the key. This number MUST be kept safe as it is your only means of access. Please ensure that the key is placed back in the box on your departure.
An iron, ironing board and clothes airer are provided but there is no washing machine at the chalet, but laundering facilities are available on site at supplemental cost to the owners of the site.
Please bring your OWN BATH TOWELS, HAND TOWELS, TEA TOWELS, TOILETRIES and TOILET ROLLS. All bedding is provided.
Heating and cooking is by electric. Colour combi TV-DVD player and music compact system player are provided along with a variety of games. Please ensure that all games are packed away after use. Please bring along your own DVD’s and CD’s if you wish.
Parking is available for one car only.
Outside pathways are NOT lit and you may wish to bring a torch.
An assortment of shops can be found in KILGETTY some three miles distance.
From CARMARTHEN take the A40 to St CLEARS, then turn onto the A477 and continue for about 8 miles to LLANTEG. Turn left immediately after the MURCO garage and continue for half a mile. You will see LLANTEGLOS ESTATE on the left. (Post Code: SA67 8PU)
Conditions of Booking:
The South Wales Police Federation owns two chalets at Llanteglos Estate. One is primarily for convalescent purposes whilst the other is permanently available for rent subject to availability.
The Site is open for 8 months of the year (March – October)
For rental purposes all Serving officers, pensioners, widow(er), employees of the South Wales Police Federation, Police Staff must be contributing to the South Wales Police Group Insurance Scheme and relatives of serving Officers who will have to act as Guarantors are eligible to attend. Bookings for both convalescence and rental of Chalet(s) are via the Trustees of the South Wales Police Federation.
For convalescence stay(s) at the chalet only serving federated rank officers who are subscribing members to the Group Insurance Scheme will be able to use the convalescent chalet.
Rental period of the chalet(s) is 1 WEEK ON EVERY OCCASION. This is in the interest of fairness to all. Officers will not be able to book same weeks i.e. school holidays year after year. Payment is made by BACS TRANSFER ONLY and we DO NOT except cash or cheque payment.
FAILURE to vacate by 10.00am will incur a charge of £20, £10 of which will be paid to our cleaner as she is paid hourly and only has 2 hours to clean and prepare the chalet for the next occupier. £10 will be paid to the next occupier for their inconvenience.
Once a booking has been confirmed the following cancellation policy applies;
- Cancellation within 8 weeks on written application to the Trustees deposit will be returned in full.
- Cancellation between 4 – 8 weeks on written application to the Trustees 50% of deposit will be returned.
- Less than 4 weeks notice NO monies will be refunded.
- If chalet is booked with less than 4 weeks notice immediate payment of full amount for the rental must be made. If any cancellation occurs there will be NO refund of any monies paid.
Convalescence can be booked only ONE month in advance. There is no charge for this service, but ONLY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MAY ACCOMPANY THE CONVALESCENT.
Strictly NO SMOKING in chalet.
No same sex single groups/parties will be allowed except same sex partners.
The maximum number of persons allowed in each chalet is 4 adults and 2 children. This may not be exceeded under any circumstances. No additional persons may be added to the hirer’s party without the Trustees to the Welfare Chalets prior consent. The Trustees to the Welfare Chalets reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of breach of this condition.
CAR PARKING is entirely at the owner’s risk. A space for one car per chalet is provided in the main car park. Extra cars are expressly forbidden unless prior permission is granted by the landlords for parking in the overspill car park. The fee for such parking is £6.00 a night.
Damage and breakages must be reported to the Trustees of the Welfare Chalets, a charge may be made.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Disposable nappies and sanitary towels etc MUST NOT be placed in toilets, only soluble tissue to be used.
Hirers may not fix drying lines within the grounds. A small drying line is provided at the chalet.
A deposit of 50% of the rental will be required within 14 days of the booking being made. The balance to be paid 4 weeks before the holiday commences. NO REMINDER WILL BE SENT.
Occupancy is between from 3.00pm on the day of arrival. The chalet MUST be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (to allow time for cleaning).
REMOVAL OF RUBBISH from the chalet to the site refuse container is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HIRER AND NOT THE CLEANER. If you fail to comply with this a charge of £5 will also be deducted from your breakages deposit of £50.
On leaving the chalet please ensure that all doors inside situated on ground floor are left opened.
All forms must be returned to the Trustees within 14 days of the provisional booking, failure to do so could lead to the loss of the holiday/convalescence for the dates required.
I apologise for reinforcing these Regulations so strongly but unfortunately previous occupants have flagrantly abused the protocols and I have to ensure that this does not occur again without good reason.